Monday 21 November 2011

What Happened To The 'REAL' Musicians?

Why is just about everyone bringing out an album these days?  No one is even writing songs anymore, it is all just cover versions.  Next time you're in HMV, take a look at the music on the shelves.  I guarantee that you will find about ten versions of the same song, sung by ten different people!  And what's with all the actors bringing out albums?  When I first saw Hugh Laurie's album on the shelf I had to look twice, thinking I was seeing things.  Then this morning, I went into HMV, and Twiggy has an album out!  Why?  This evening I was flicking through the channels, and I saw the monstrosity that was Jedward 'performing' on something or other.  The 'Real' musicians out there, (you know the ones that actually write the songs,) need to put themselves forward a bit more, before we are overrun by novelty acts, or have a top 40 with 40 different versions of Unchained Melody.  The time has come to say Goodbye Simon Cowell.

No comments:

Post a Comment